I’m actually excited to announce that Marc Taro Holmes and I are internet hosting one other One Week 100 Individuals problem this 12 months: 6-10 March 2023. That is the seventh 12 months that we’ve hosted this occasion.
The aim is to sketch as many individuals as you’ll be able to in 5 days both from life or from pictures and see for those who can attain 100. You are able to do this any manner you want – easy pencil/pen drawings are completely tremendous (and in reality for the primary few years of this problem I didn’t add any color).
The thought is just to push your self to do extra folks sketching than you’d usually do. There’s something particular about striving for a giant aim of 100 folks sketches!
Discover out extra concerning the problem on Marc’s weblog right here.
Final 12 months I managed to do 100 folks in a single sitting and doing a little easy line drawings like this can be a nice option to strategy this problem (after all unfold over the complete week!)
When you publish your work to Instagram please use the hashtags #OneWeek100People and #OneWeek100People2023 – I’m going to be hanging out on Instagram (plus publishing articles right here on the weblog after all!)
Relying on how a lot spare time I’ve through the week I hope to do a little analysis as effectively. And I’ll positively be doing a little follow classes earlier than the sixth of March. I haven’t been doing a lot sketching round crowds recently (the Village Inexperienced within the early morning and Lane Cove Nationwide Park are each fairly quiet places) so I’m actually wanting ahead to getting again to some common folks sketching.
Listed here are some ideas for doing this problem:
- Hitting 100 will not be that necessary – the aim is just to push your self to sketch greater than you’d usually. However if you wish to strive for the 100 think about together with some easy line drawings within the combine.
- The problem has all the time formally been for five days (makes a pleasant aim of 20 per day) but when it is advisable to prolong the time interval, or begin early that’s fully tremendous.
- Sketches may be finished from pictures and don’t should be finished on location – although the scavenger hunt checklist is for sketches finished out on the streets 🙂 And naturally, if you’re a part of an City Sketchers group ensure your sketches adjust to their tips earlier than posting your work to the group.
- Your sketches don’t should be finished in color or embrace the complete determine. You would even think about doing a little blind contour drawings as warm-up on the primary day.
- Working small helps as does drawing with a pencil.
- Drawing folks on location is difficult! Don’t be discouraged by the outcomes on the primary day… simply hold going and also you’ll be shocked by the work you’re doing on the finish of the week. The general assortment of your sketches will probably be spectacular!
- The aim is to have enjoyable! Sketching folks on location could be a little scary at instances, however I all the time discover that doing this problem (and having my pages full of a number of folks sketches) all the time does rather a lot for my confidence. If anybody stops to speak to you, inform them concerning the problem and likelihood is that they’ll cheer you on!
I all the time have SO a lot enjoyable doing this problem. I usually spend quite a lot of time in my native cafe and actively get the cafe employees concerned! They know what I’m doing and always test on my progress and which means I chortle rather a lot whereas I’m doing my 100 folks.
Will you be becoming a member of us this 12 months?