Patriotic Shaker Card from Scraps for Throwback Thursday
Hey, Pals! At present I’m going to indicate you easy methods to create a beautiful Patriotic Shaker Card from Scraps. Do you ever find yourself with a little bit pile of patterned papers and pictures from a favourite paper assortment? You like each little bit of that paper, and also you don’t need to throw it out. However how do you employ these small bits to create a card? I hope at present’s Throwback Thursday tutorial offers you some easy suggestions you should utilize when you end up on this dilemma.
Tip #1: Layer Small Panels
The primary tip is to layer small panels collectively. For this card, I had the focal picture and a couple of smallish 4 1/2″ x 4 panels of patterned paper. Overlap the papers on a cardstock mat and machine sew them to present them a designer look.
I additionally had a single 4×6 panel left over from this Authentique July Calendar paper assortment. So I matted it on purple cardstock and machine stitched round it, too. This layer supplied a pleasant backdrop for my focal picture. Sew across the focal picture and pop it up on foam tape to present it extra presence on the web page.
Tip #2: Use Massive Elaborations!
Even after I layered my patterned papers, textual content panel and focal picture, the complete backside half of my card was largely clean. What’s the answer? Massive elaborations! Right here’s what I did:
- First, I die lower 2 giant stitched stars from white glitter paper.
- Subsequent, I centered the subsequent smallest stitched star die inside one of many stars. Then I die lower it. This created a beautiful body.
- Now again die lower body with acetate (clear cardstock) and trimmed it out with sharp scissors. Straightforward, proper?
- Then, add 3 layers of 1/8″ foam adhesive on the again aspect of the star body. Fill the body together with your shaker combine, take away the liner tape, and press the stable star over the froth tape to create the shaker aspect.
- Rosettes are additionally giant elaborations that take up loads of house on a card. Plus, they appear festive!
A Peek Inside
I used to be in a position so as to add strips of patterned paper to the within of the cardboard together with one different focal picture. Lining the cardboard inside with cardstock actually helped fill within the gaps.
I even had sufficient paper left over to make this cute present card pockets. Neat, huh?
Patriotic Shaker Card from Scraps Tutorial on You Tube
Should you’d wish to see me put this fast and straightforward card collectively, please take pleasure in this brief YouTube tutorial.
Since that is Throwback Thursday, lots of the merchandise I’ve used on this mission are now not accessible. However I’ll hyperlink to those you could nonetheless discover within the provide record beneath this submit.
Thanks for stopping by!