Right this moment we’ll be sharing minimize, prep, and ornamental coverstitching on the outer bag assemblies for our NEW! Intelligent Coverstitch Bag: 4-thread huge and slender overlock, coverstitch single needle chainstitching for serger quilting, and slender coverstitching with ornamental threads!
NEW! Watch our Intelligent Coverstitch Bag Video on Sew it! Sisters with Deanna Springer and visitor Pam Mahshie, Overlock Enterprise Supervisor for BERNINA USA. “Have you ever ever questioned in case your serger can do extra than simply seam end the sting of materials? Our NEW! Intelligent Coverstitch Bag is a enjoyable stitching undertaking made utterly on a serger/coverstich combo machine. Take your serger past the sting and uncover the various methods your serger can be utilized creatively in addition to functionally!”
— Pam Mahshie, BERNINA USA
NEW! Watch Sew it! Sisters Intelligent Coverstitch Serger Bag Program 312
Discover ways to make our NEW! Intelligent Coverstitch Bag–designed by Pam–utterly with an Overlock/Coverstitch Combo Serger! Sew our stunning Intelligent Coverstitch Bag whereas studying serger settings for: 4-thread huge and slender overlock seaming with fusible thread, coverstitch single needle chainstitching for serger quilting, slender coverstitching with ornamental threads, and huge coverstitching for development!
On this video, we’re stitching Pam’s NEW! Intelligent Coverstitch Bag–utterly on a BERNINA L890 Air-Threading Overlock/Coverstitch Combo Serger!
Head over to ShopNZP.com and discover our NEW! Intelligent Coverstitch Bag Bundle Containers that embrace Benartex Daisy Delight Materials by Greta Lynn for Kanvas Studio, Pellon 1-Sided Fusible Foam, three spools Sulky 12 wt. Ornamental Threads, Charlotte’s Fusible Internet Thread, our unique Intelligent Coverstitch Serger Bag Stitching Sample with step-by-step directions with shade illustrations and images, and all the pieces you’ll have to make a Intelligent Coverstitch Serger Bag on a Overlock/Coverstitch Combo Serger! Now accessible in three restricted version colours, solely at ShopNZP.com!
Minimize Materials and Provides
- Minimize two 10″ x 16″ rectangles from Daisy Delight material for outer decrease bag back and front.
- Minimize two 1-1/4″ x 22″ rectangles from Daisy Delight material for deal with accents.
- Minimize two 12″ x 16″ rectangles from Domino Impact White on Black material for bag lining.
- Minimize two 3″ x 16″ rectangles from Domino Impact Black on Black material for higher bag back and front.
- Minimize two 2-3/4″ x 22″ rectangles from Domino Impact Black on Black material for bag handles.
- Minimize two 3″ x 16″ rectangles from Pellon Flex-Foam 1- Sided Fusible for higher bag back and front.
- Minimize two 10″ x 16″ rectangles from Pellon Flex-Foam 1- Sided Fusible for decrease bag back and front.
- Minimize two 1-1/4″ x 22″ rectangles from Pellon Flex-Foam 1-Sided Fusible for bag handles.
- Minimize 1 yd. Jumbo Rickrack for outer bag ornamental trim.
Daisy Delight Material
Domino Impact White on Black Material
Domino Impact Black on Black Material
Pellon Flex-Foam 1-Sided Fusible Foam
Fuse Materials to Pellon Flex-Foam
- Following producer’s directions, fuse Pellon Flex- Foam to improper aspect of 10″ x 16″ rectangles from Daisy Delight material – for decrease outer bag entrance and bag again.
Mark Bag Parts for Stitching
- Utilizing a Frixion Marking pen, and a 6″ x 24″ ruler, mark a middle stitching line 1-1/2″ from backside lengthy edge, on improper aspect of three″ x 16″ rectangle higher outer bag entrance meeting.
- Repeat step above on higher outer bag again meeting.
- Utilizing Clover’s Chaco Liner, and a 6″ x 24 ” ruler, mark a 60° diagonal stitching line on proper aspect of decrease outer bag entrance.
Proceed marking parallel traces at 1-1/2″ aside.
Rotate ruler and mark 60° traces in other way.
Repeat marking steps above on decrease outer bag again
Convert Machine to Single Needle Chain Sew & Sew Decrease Bag Quilting
- With material proper aspect up, sew alongside marked traces utilizing a single needle chainstitch–aligning marked line to middle guideline marking on the toe of the presser foot.otate and proceed stitching on all marked traces, from anchor swatch onto bag decrease entrance.
- Elective: Sew from decrease bag entrance meeting on to decrease bag again meeting.
- Repeat step above with decrease bag again meeting.
Sew Higher Bag Ornamental Middle Sew
- Go away machine set for single needle chain sew and exchange normal overlock thread (black), thread chain looper with Sulky 12 wt. Cotton Thread (white).
- With 3″ x 16″ rectangle higher bag entrance meeting improper aspect up, sew alongside marked line with single needle chainstitch, aligning marked line to middle guideline marking on presser foot toe.
Convert machine to a 3-Thread Broad Coverstitch.
- Insert a measurement 90 Schmetz Chrome Topstitching Needle into proper needle place.
- Insert normal overlock cone thread (black) into each needles and chain looper.
- With material proper sides up, “kiss” one lengthy fringe of entrance higher bag meeting to at least one lengthy fringe of entrance decrease bag meeting.
- Flip bag entrance meeting over and re-stitch over earlier coverstitching.
- Repeat steps above and attache higher bag again meeting to decrease bag again meeting.
Sew Higher Bag Ornamental Stitches
- Convert machine to 3-Thread Slim Coverstitch.
- Transfer needle to middle needle place.
- Insert Sulky 12 wt. Cotton Thread (yellow) into chain looper.
- With bag meeting improper aspect up, sew alongside lengthy aspect of middle chain stitching – utilizing the width of the presser foot as a information.
- Rotate bag meeting, roll the bag meeting as proven. and sew second ornamental stitching line.
- Repeat steps above and sew ornamental slender coverstitch stitching traces on bag again meeting.
Change each needle threads to coordinate with Rickrack!
- With bag entrance meeting proper aspect up, sew Rickrack to bag, guiding presser foot down middle bag seam.
- Don’t minimize threads.
- Raise presser foot and insert bag again meeting proper aspect up.
- Sew Rickrack to bag again meeting.
Intelligent Coverstitch Bag Provides Itemizing
Meet the NEW! bernette b68 AIRLOCK Overlock/Coverstitch Combo Serger! The bernette 68 is a combo machine with normal overlock, cover-, plus chain- and combo stitches. Plus straightforward air threading! Study extra at ShopNZP.com!
February is Nationwide Embroidery Month
Completely happy Coverstitching!
Group Nancy Zieman & The Sew it! Sisters
Nancy Zieman Productions. LLC.
Sew it! Sisters is a manufacturing of NZ Productions LLC. Content material on this feed is © copyright 2023 by Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC and will not be republished with out written permission. You’re welcome to ahead the e-mail to a pal or colleague but it surely’s not okay so as to add the RSS feed robotically as content material on a weblog or different web site. The FTC requires us to let you know that Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC has supplied merchandise by different corporations in the midst of doing enterprise. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this data into consideration when studying this posting.
Ensure you are subscribed to Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC enews mailing listing so that you received’t miss a factor. Join at nancyzieman.com/weblog/enews. And be a part of us on YouTube,Fb,Instagram and Pinterest!