Ever need to attain out and contact our material and wallpaper substrates before you purchase them? With considered one of our useful pattern packs, you are able to do simply that! Whereas we’ve had pattern packs for years, Product Sourcing Supervisor Angela Bakas and Product Sourcing Analyst Sydney Begg go to the weblog to share some current Spoonflower pattern pack updates we’ve made due to buyer suggestions. Learn on to see how pattern packs is usually a useful useful resource to have close by, whether or not you’re a model new buyer or an old-time buddy.
What Is a Spoonflower Pattern Pack?
The Spoonflower pattern pack is a long-lasting reference instrument that includes 3” x 4” (7.62 cm x 10.16 cm) swatches of all our material and wallpaper substrates. Every material swatch comes connected to a 4″ x 4″ (10.16 cm x 10.16 cm) card labeled with core specification data like materials content material, printable width, weight and really helpful use instances. The complete pack arrives in a small cardboard field designed for straightforward storage in a drawer or on a shelf.
Once you personal a pattern pack, you’ll be capable to see and contact every of our printable materials and wallpapers earlier than you decide to a purchase order. Additionally, you will have the chance to check the colour and print high quality of every substrate since every pattern pack swatch prints with the identical design.
Why Do I Want a Pattern Pack?
Procuring on-line for printed supplies may be laborious! Having a pattern pack permits you to see and really feel all of our materials and wallpapers in a single place. The swatches make it easier to evaluate materials weights, assess drape and visualize colour with out guesswork. Plus, given its reusable and rearrangeable design, you’ll be capable to simply pull out the swatches you want, make your selections, then manage them again within the field while you’re performed.
How Do I Use a Pattern Pack?
With greater than one million designs which can be printable on 30+ completely different supplies, your journey on Spoonflower is limitless! And our pattern pack is sort of a key to that journey. It may well make it easier to resolve the place you need to find yourself, whether or not you’re a designer, maker or artist, as you’ll have all our material and wallpaper substrates at your fingertips.
You should utilize your pattern pack to:
• Rapidly reference materials specs like content material, weight and printable width
• See how the identical colours print throughout completely different substrates
• Examine unprinted base supplies (We deliberately included unprinted base materials sections on every swatch, as some supplies are optic white whereas others have a pure hotter tone as a result of fiber content material. You may be taught extra about that in this put up.)
• Have a look at materials opacity and transparency
• Reference drape, hand and texture
• Perceive how colour hex codes translate into printed supplies. (Study extra about hex codes.)
For those who discover that 3″ x 4″ isn’t fairly a big sufficient pattern, we additionally provide inexpensive bigger swatches: 8″ x 8″ (20.32 cm x 20.32 cm) for cloth and a couple of′ x 1′ (60.96 cm x 30.48 cm) for wallpaper. Merely choose the “swatch” measurement on the drop-down menu of any design you see in our Market.
How Are Pattern Packs Made?
All of our pattern pack swatches print on the identical machines as all your custom-printed orders. Subsequently, the pack’s print and colour high quality are produced utilizing the identical workflow as each different Spoonflower order. As soon as printed and checked, we ship supplies to a North Carolina companion to chop and assemble them. Our companion has been producing custom-made swatches for furnishings, textile and wallcovering firms for over 68 years. They make use of over 100 individuals with some staff monitoring 45 years of expertise.
Every material swatch is die-cut with pinked edges to stop fraying and to make sure they are often referenced over and over. The paper swatch playing cards are printed with water-based inks. Every time doable, ensuing paper waste is recycled.
How Does This Pattern Pack Differ From Earlier Variations?
Our previous pattern packs are a gorgeous illustration of Spoonflower’s historical past. This isn’t the primary time we’ve made a change and sure gained’t be the final! As trade developments and buyer wants change, so do our reference instruments. Operationally, we would have liked to replace the design from a specified grid to an all-over design to attenuate materials waste and enhance manufacturing occasions. We saved the general field and swatch dimensions the identical however refreshed the design and colour palette. When you’ve got an older pattern pack, this newer model permits you to try our latest substrates.
How Did You Develop This New Model?
Like our artist group, we design and develop our merchandise with a number of iterations and samples. First, we began with a survey of our group to verify any modifications can be for the higher. Within the survey outcomes, clients advised us how they love having the identical colours printed on each swatch and to additionally embody unprinted base materials making it straightforward to check white factors.
Subsequent, we checked out trade developments in residence decor, then began designing ideas round these themes and survey outcomes. All of our design ideas included a number of completely different scales since we needed every reference colour to be in each single swatch regardless of the place the fabric is reduce. We printed choices on completely different substrates and check reduce them to see the end result. Concerning choosing the colours used on every swatch, we selected the colours our group requested us to incorporate—residence decor-friendly colours with some neutrals. After a number of rounds of what we name prototypes or check designs, we landed on the profitable look:
Listed below are some ideas and colours that didn’t make the reduce:
What are the Advantages of the New Swatch Designs and Particulars?
• Brighter colour palette: ROYGBV colour illustration plus a number of neutrals together with black. We needed to stay with a vivid palette on this model; a few of our runner-up selections have been too muted and fewer enjoyable.
• Shade-inclusive design: Spatially, this design ensures every swatch contains each colour no matter the place it will get reduce, whereas additionally conserving a great illustration of the unprinted base materials.
• Higher comparability throughout substrates: This new design is development ahead with playful motion with out being visually overwhelming. It was your best option for our meant finish use—to supply a instrument the place our printed colours may very well be seen throughout all substrates. We hope people discover it helpful and galvanizing!
Steadily Requested Questions
The put up All About Our New Pattern Packs appeared first on Spoonflower Weblog.